Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 8 EOC: The Adventure

I had been running along the French countryside for some time without food and with barely any water. It had been a long day but the sun was only just reaching its peak in the sky. Naturally, I was tired and weak, having been so ill prepared for a trip such as that, and managed to climb a hill where I might rest for a moment before starting back on my path to the next town with a train. There, I noticed a building not far in the distance; perhaps its inhabitants would have something to eat or a place to sit for a short while. Instead of resting on the hill, I mustered the will to trudge to the place in the distance, and knocked on the door, receiving no response. The door then opened on its own – strange, yes, but of no importance to me, as when it opened, I saw a marvelous kitchen filled with wheels of finely aged brie cheese! My hunger managed to get the better of me, and I reached over to obtain just a taste of the delicious dairy delight before me when I heard the door slam shut violently. I quickly spun myself around only to be just barely grazed by a flying kitchen knife, likely thrown by the angry cheese-maker who now stood between me and my way out. He lunged toward me, hurling and swinging all manner of kitchen utensils. I dodged pots, pans, knives, forks, and the like. Finally, all that was left for him to throw was a pan containing leftover bacon from the cheese-maker’s breakfast. I thought quickly enough to save myself from the pork hurdling toward me with a rather large wheel of cheese. The bacon had stuck to the brie, forming a sturdy bacon-and-cheese shield, with which I managed to strike the face of the angry artisan. He stood, dumbfounded, for a moment and chewed the savory mixture of foods. Apparently, it was the most magnificent thing he had ever tasted. He would later offer me a glass of wine, his finest horse, his estate, his daughter’s hand in marriage, and a warm plate of bacon and brie.

No comments:

Post a Comment