Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Week 6 EOC: Me x3


My guitar: The fact that I own and play guitars is immensely representative of me as a person. It defines me as a musician and a creator. One specific guitar is a hand-me-down from my dad – a Gibson Les Paul. The instrument is made of heavy wood, allowing low frequencies to become prevalent in my playing, influencing my tastes in music, and in turn my lifestyle, social interactions, philosophy, and style of dress, among many other things. Because of that guitar, I’ve made life-long friends and connections who have helped to shape my life as I know it.
My shoes: After having been a skateboarder for a few years in high school, my appreciation for and taste in shoes has become an integral part of my daily life. In skateboarding, shoes are used and retired rather quickly, and one gets the opportunity to try many makes and models. That said, I have found that various different aspects of shoes are beneficial or detrimental to one’s performance while performing various activities. Personally, however, I feel most comfortable in classic, low-top, vulcanized shoes with moderately padded insoles and lightweight outer materials. I now practice parkour, though, and prefer a shoe that grants me both comfort and mobility. At the moment, I’m using the Converse CT Riff as a casual "walking around" shoe, the Feiyue Classic for exercise, and plain slippers for lounging around.
My music: Music is incredibly important to most people, often more than they may know. Music can reflect how aggressive or laid-back a person feels or even manage to influence those feelings. Music allows people to connect with one another by simply having a mutual understanding of a song’s lyrics and subject matter. Over the last few decades, cliques have formed around several genres and can alienate people as much as it can bring them together. At this point in my life, I’ve come to appreciate the vast majority of modern musical genres, ranging from classic rock and roll to weird, experimental indie music.

No comments:

Post a Comment