Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

My name is Austin Lane and I'm an audio professional. For as long as I can remember, music and the music industry have moved me. I've been a musician for over ten years, now, and continue to explore both sides of the musical world that so few people have come to truly know and so many have grown to love. Now, I explore the practices of recording, mixing, and mastering audio in a studio, as well as setting up, monitoring, and mixing live shows - the bread and butter of the modern professional musician. Of the aforementioned activities, I've slowly and unexpectedly developed a passion for the grit and demand of live sound over the comfort and relative predictability of the recording studio. It's quite possible that I may come to enjoy recording studio work just as much, given more much-wanted experience, but there's something incredible about the intimacy of hearing music live that I want to allow audiences to understand. Post-production is another, rather rewarding career path in audio with which I do have some experience, though the process of recording for video is tedious in my opinion. Regardless, there really is nothing more rewarding than getting to work with what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment