Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

"Customer value and customer satisfaction are key building blocks for developing and managing customer relationships." - Marketing: an Introduction

Customer value is the single most important thing that a business can teach its employees to develop. A satisfied customer will not only continue to purchase a company's goods and services, but will urge others to do so, as well. Recently, I had experienced exceptional customer service while dealing with Optum Rx - a specialty pharmacy - and the manufacturer of the immuno-suppressant medication, Humira. From the start, Humira's representatives and on-call nurses had been incredibly kind and accommodating over the phone, answering any questions I had about the drug and calling and e-mailing me frequently in order to ensure my complete understanding of their product's applications. It was clear to me that they hold incredibly high value in their customers and those customers' health and comfort. That said, I've heard great things about Humira from others who have taken it or who have worked with it before. Optum Rx, on the other hand, has treated other members of my family rather poorly in terms of customer service, and unsurprisingly sent my package full of heat-sensitive medication to my old house in Arizona. When I tracked the package and learned that it was sitting on the front porch of an uninhabited house in the middle of the desert on a hot summer day, I immediately called Optum Rx and informed them of the issue at hand. To my great relief and surprise, they changed my address in their systems and mailed a new package overnight. The problem was fixed quickly and efficiently, and I would be more than willing to continue working with them at this point. After such pleasant experiences, I would certainly recommend these companies to friends and family, and to a company that holds customers in high regards, that loyalty is more valuable than a quick buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment